Not Every Girl Needs Her Father...

Leave a Comment

Last night I noticed on my Facebook someone shared this quote and I thought like it was something I should try to open up about and share with you all. 

Most of you all who are reading this who know me in person already know that my mum has been a single parent ever since she had me from the age of nineteen years old. (Just a massive shout out to young mothers like my mum, I couldn't have asked for a better mum who is also like a best friend to me and thank you for making me the girl I am today!) 

I am sure you have most likely have gathered that I don't know my father and I haven't seen him since I was a little girl. 

So I just wanted you all to take the time to appreciate this quote... 


To me, when I first read this quote I initially straight away thought of my mum as she is the person who brought me up. Of course with the help of my grandparents and a shout-out goes to them as well! Thank you for always, supporting me and bringing me up to be the girl I am today, you have all made such a positive impact on me and my life! 

I guess I felt like it was time to express my feelings towards growing up without a father as a role model, to me it's never really felt like a great loss as I have always been brought up to accept that the people who care about you will stay in your life and the people that don't were never really meant to be around. 

I must admit, there have been tough times growing up as it's almost a part of my life that I will never understand that's kind of hard at times. I am sure all of you guys out there who grow up with  without a parent feel exactly the same way. 

I genuinely am just so thankful to have the mum that I have, she has brought up to be strong and to appreciate life in the best way that I can. I wouldn't change anything for the world. 

In  the last few years of my life, my mum met a lovely man who pretty much filled the role of my dad. I couldn't ask for a better step-dad (even though he technically isn't my step-dad yet he pretty much fills the role as a dad and that's all I could ask for! Plus a massive shout for my grandad who has brought me up like his daughter too, thank you!) 

In my opinion, I don't believe you actually need someone to create a standard other than yourself! My opinion is, that you should treat people the way you wish to be treated and therefore that's how you have created your standard. 

I would just like to say a massive thank you for listening and allowing me to share my thoughts and feelings with you all! 

Lots of love, Anya x
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig