Cowes Week 2015

Leave a Comment
So guys, I have been asked a few questions lately about where I am from and where I am based so I thought this would be the ideal opportunity to show you where I live and to tell you guys about some current events happening!

I am sure you have all heard of The Isle of Wight Festival and the Bestival, right? Well, I live on the Isle of Wight where there are great music festivals and other events that take place.

Currently, Cowes Week is taking place which is known as one of the longest running regattas in the world! There are daily races which take place, I will show you some pictures of a race that happened today thought it was a fun race!

Many people come to Cowes week to take part in the races, some of the competitors range from Olympic and world class professionals to weekend sailors. Yeah that's right there is certainly a massive range of people who get involved!

Cowes Week isn't just for the sailors, it's for everyone and anyone! There are stalls ranging from Beauty, Lifestyle, Fashion, Food and Entertainment what else could you get?


I must admit that this is  my first year of actually attending Cowes Week, as an Island girl I feel like a bit of a let down but as my mum is a teacher we always tend to try and make the most of the Summer holiday's and go away! So every year, I have been on holiday whilst Cowes week has taken place!

It was certainly nice to experience one of the most talked about events that is held where I live, I can't wait to go again during the week!

As you can see above, the photo shows how the Cowes week isn't just a serious boat racing event it's fun as well!



There are also the other places that you can visit whilst going to Cowes week, like the local shops and cafe's that are there! I certainly did that for sure, though whenever I get the chance to go over to Cowes I always have to have a Tiffin's strawberry milkshake! I love them, the strawberry milkshake is one of my favourites! 



The weather was perfect for the boat races today, the sun was shinning and that definitely made the atmosphere today! People were smiling and cheering everyone on, or dancing near to the live music area!

I was really excited to go to Cowes week for the first time and I will definitely be returning this week before it ends! As you can see, I had to take a selfie to remember the moment, everyone has to take a selfie though don't you?

Anyway, I will be blogging more for you guys in the next couple of days!

Take Care.

Lots of love,

Anya x
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig