Stop Trying To Be Someone Else's And Be Your Own...

Leave a Comment

I wanted to share this quote with you, I discovered this quote on my Instagram feed a few months ago but the time wasn't right to share it with you all. I wanted to find a specific moment to share this as I wanted to find an emotion, or a meaning or something that would have an impact on you all! 

At work yesterday, I finally found that meaning, feeling and emotion and it was definitely the time to share the quote with you all. I bet your wondering how or why I am sharing it now, I am just about to tell you why! I met a lovely lady at work yesterday who genuinely looked really happy, then she told me that she fakes a smile on a regular basis (we are all caught doing this at some point during our life right?) 

It hit me that this doesn't have to just be about a partner it could be about family member or even friends. As during life, we all try to fit in with a friend or with a family member but do they do the same for you? Probably not no!...

It's natural for everyone, to try and be something their not and that's part of life. 

I got the feeling that the lady was trapped in a situation that she didn't really feel comfortable with and that's quite natural as I expect we have all been through a situation like this. 


We have all most likely been in a situation where we put someone else before ourselves and what's important to remember is to ask yourself would they do the same for you? 

Sometimes, it feels like we become that person because we do everything for them and they end up relying on you. It's draining trying to be someone your not and you can almost feel yourself becoming lost in a life that isn't yours right? 

From a past experience, I know that I tried so hard to be someone else's rather than focusing on being myself and the best thing I did was to walk away and remember who I was and who I am.! 

At the time, making a big step like that is a massive risk well it seems it at the time but it was the best move I made as you can learn new things about yourself and reflect on the past in the future! (I know, I love looking back and wishing I changed things but I never wish I would change this!) 

When you have been with someone for a long time, it's almost hard or even scary to go from being trapped with someone to being all on your own. There maybe love you still have for a person, it's only natural to feel that way but the question is, is that love really worth fighting for?

The important message that I have for you all is to take a step back and think are you being yourself or have you forgotten who you actually are? 

In relationships, you must remember that your two people to some degree, not just yourself but you should only be two people in a happy way and you should only ever be connected to your partner because your in a relationship with them you should never be refereed to as the same person. 

Your you, your yourself, your identity! Nobody can ever take that away from you so everyone remember that! If your not happy, you need to remember who you are to then be happy with someone else! 

Don't let someone take you away from yourself!  

Lots of love, Anya x



SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig