Fancy Dress For Christmas Eve Throwback...

Leave a Comment

I can't believe that I couldn't find the time to post this blog before the big day! But fear not I thought I would do a little throwback and share my fancy dress and make-up inspired look for Christmas eve as hopefully it will keep us jolly and in that festive spirit still!! 

Have you thought of what I dressed up as yet?... I would love to know what your thoughts are...!! 


Okay so I will let you into the secret I became an elf for the day at work!! I thoroughly enjoyed dressing up and enjoying the festive spirit,laughs and smiles that surrounded the shop!! 


A massive thank you goes to my mum for letting me borrow her elf outfit as I would have found it quite stressful if I couldn't find an outfit which I liked for work... Plus, I love the fact that, my mum wasn't that much older than me when she wore this beautiful dress.. It feels like it has almost become a sort of tradition for us to wear the beautiful green dress!! 

I paired the outfit with a pair of Christmas antlers and found myself jingling all day... I wore a pair of black loafers too!! Plus a cute little flashing snowman badge which I found a lot of people commented on as it was pretty festive!! 


Of course, I had to take an elf inspired selfie plus I thought it would be a good way to show my inspired make-up for the day! Though, not much has changed other than the bright red lipstick!! 

Here's a little looksie into what make-up I used to create a cute little elf inspired look!! 



I spent a little longer on my mascara that morning as I wanted a longer lash effect as I don't tend to wear eye liner so I wanted my eyes and my eyelashes to stand out and look a little bolder than usual... 



I used the same foundation brush and the same foundation to create my look however I applied an extra coat of foundation to make my look a little bolder than usual.



Followed by using my contour kit by Maybeline which I simply can't put down as I love it!! Anyway, I added an extra little darker tone to my contour kit by using at least one extra sweep across my cheeks!! 



Now adding that extra special little touch towards my make-up was of course following through the bright red lip look as it's a well known colour and look for the Christmas period!! Plus, how could I be an elf without my red lips? I used a Red Revolution lipstick as you can see it's pretty bright, then I added the red lip gloss on top to add an extra coverage!! 

I must admit, I loved the bright red lip inspired look... I didn't think it would ever suit me as my skin is pretty pale but I love the way you can tone the red lipstick look down... 


Not forgetting, to tell you about this amazing new make-up addition I have as it's so handy and I couldn't resist buying it before Christmas!! It's a make-up fixing spray and trust me it's not too pricey and it's worth buying as it definitely works!! 

Sorry the blog post is pretty late, I still hope you enjoy reading it though!! Please share any comments or let me know what you dressed up as I would love to know!! 

Much Elf Loving, Love Anya xx
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig