New Year, New Beginnings!

Leave a Comment


 Welcome back everyone, it's been a while that's for certain! How are we all? 



A warm welcome back to the blog and of course a New Year and a New Beginning!

 I feel like the last two years have been pretty tough on everyone for obvious reasons. However I also feel like it's been a beneficial time for every single one of us to take the time we were given and use it as a learning curve and to truly discover ourselves and our interests.

With the New Year here and new beginnings in motion, what New Year Resolutions have you made or what objectives have you set for yourselves individually? 

Personally prior to this year I have always set New Year's Resolutions but never really focused on them or stuck to them but with the approach to this year I have felt entirely different and wanted to keep to them as best as I can... 

Whether that be to read as many books as I can, save as much as possible, reach a weight goal, set aside some time for myself and my mind or to keep up with my fitness.... We all have different goals and aspirations but I do feel like my outlook towards the New Year is different and on a personal note I have found myself to be even more motivated than ever to ensure my New Years Resolutions are met and that my mind is focused. 





On a personal level, I have found it really important over the last few years to take some time out for my mind and my recovery whether that is physically or mentally. To meditate or to find a way that really helps you to set aside time for your mind as over the last few years the world has faced some truly tough times and there has been a lot of physical pain that has been inflicted onto everyone.

I have found reading or zoning out from the world by listening to Podcasts or music on Spotify or whatever platform you may use has been a god send. 

I am sure you can all agree with me when I start discussing this with you all... 

During lockdowns and most likely beforehand, I found myself always on my phone and not knowing when to shut off or to even tell myself enough is enough! I would constantly be replying to work emails, texts or scrolling through social media.... 

So on that note, that's why I have been away for as long as I have. Mentally and physically it's always good to just take five minutes away (or in my case nearly a whole year!)

Taking that small amount of time for yourself and your mind is key! 

For a while, I thought it was a selfish move and I was worried about not giving my all to certain things but sometimes enough is enough and you just need the time to recharge. Batteries need recharging too just like we all do! 


I honesty feel like we all have learned and grown so much more than we may have done if there wasn't any lockdowns though. I also feel like it was good to strip everything back to basics and appreciate every second we have. 

Time for reflection is always essential.

For me personally, leaving my phone at home whilst I am out on a walk or clearing out my wardrobe to get ready to donate clothing to charity etc or even just to enjoy the time we have at home. An hour a day less releases so much stress and as I am known for my catchphrase "I'm Stressed!" then you'll know it's very beneficial. 

Don't be afraid to take some time for yourselves and I don't care how many times I have to reiterate this as it's vital for your mind and wellbeing! 

Anyhow welcome everyone to the New Year and I wish you all the best for 2022, it feels great to be back and I can't wait to hear what your New Year's Resolutions are or even how you've managed to keep positive and focused! 



Lots of love and I'll be back very soon! 




xxxx



SHARE:
Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig