Settle Down...

Leave a Comment



Settle Down... 

You told me to take a deep breath and to settle down. It wasn't long after then that I followed the pathway.

Was I aware of what I might discover? Little did I know, did he know? 

Can you remember the days which turned to nights? The nights which turned to days! The endless time that flew by, as we'd pour another drink until it was time to head out in the cold singing "Tick Tock On The Clock" yet the party had stopped! 

We were drifting, slowly drifting in time. But I wasn't drifting, I was no longer drifting in fact I was falling.

Fear crept into my soul.

Was I happy? I laughed, I felt a part of something though it was a lie.

The memories of you and I still swirl around in my mind. 

Pause it. 

We found ourselves at the time where we were running away. But we weren't running away from the boys in the blue, were we?

I often suggested to keep running but you anticipated on settling.

I promised you forever. You nodded but did you know our love was being counted?

Were you the one counting? I would gladly fall.

I let my hair down, it always caught your eye. 

I see you lingering around the town waiting for my eye. For crying out loud, I knew it could prolong the days and turn those to nights.

Had we settled down?

You were staying at my house, I often found you surrounding yourself with my family.

Was it long now, before you become a let down?

The pain not gar away.
Waiting for his return.
It was him, always him! 

"What are you frightened of?"
"Settle Down!" 

A glimmer of hope sheltered her yet she told you she had been let down.

Picture perfect was turning to negatives.

Endless promises with a long list of tears and heartbreak from loving you.

She had settled down.

Her little Island life had begun to fall, yet she remained tall.

Though her heart was ripped out. Why did she settle down? He had figured it wasn't the settling down she feared it was the fear of being let down.

He once gave her his word to never let her down, yet come to think of it it's all he ever did. 

They were one magical "Never Happy Ending!" 

Their ending spiralled and tears were shed. Words spilt but the silence heard it all. Yet she still cared. 

For the hearts that let her down, she never cursed. She believed, she continued to believe. 

She repeated "You're a liar, you left me to drown and I'll stay crying till the end." 

What was her life?

She lost her life because of you. There she opened her eyes to visualise the walls falling down. He opened all the cracks and then her ran. 

It tastes of you, the scent lingers and it's you. 

She knew it was him. He deserted her at her weakest when once he made her become her strongest. Her mind flickers back in time. The memories run wild as she clings to the bed where he used to lay beside her. Did she realise that it was all a lie?

She couldn't accept he had just walked away into the night with simply just one phone call. She grieved for a love that had become her light even at night. He walked away, without a goodbye. 

The girl had seen this before and expected the let down but not from him. He let her down, in many more ways than anyone else had before. She can still feel the pain, while he showers it all away.

He was besotted with her and she was fascinated with him. Every new semester their lives would become on hold for yet another time in the Hall's. She waited!

His eyes were once focused but they drifted. 

He once wished for her to settle down yet she feared he would let her down in which she knew they could never return from. 

He loved her the way she was. She loved him more each day. Yet he left her with no words but an empty phone call. He needs to settle down. The sad thing was that she was ready and he was not.

She constantly remembers how he told her he would never leave her side, but that's because he was never there! 

When did she realise that he was never there, yet she still cared?

He once caught her from falling but he wasn't ready to be caught! 

They always go back to the endless nights where they danced the night away and were far to intoxicated.

They were settled but far too early. He was endlessly returning and she hadn't left home.

The irony wasn't that they needed to settle down it was that they had far too quickly! 

She said to settle down! 

They wake up and face the mirror knowing they have to settle down but won't be now. 

He misses what he had. 
She questions what they had. 
They tried to settle down. 

Settle Down... 


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig