Simple & Sweet

Leave a Comment

Simple & Sweet....

You said to stand there and to observe, why mess with God's design?

I stood there for so long after, I felt like I had turned into concrete.  

It's been a while, yet I am still here... I thought you'd have been here by now was it another complication?.... 

You said to calm down and take things slow but we couldn't keep it simple and sweet now could we?

I hide from the endless amounts of obstacles which would daily pass you and I by.... 

The pain grew stronger day after day, why wouldn't it go away?

If you said to jump, I would run... All I seemed to do was follow you and for why?

The hope, that sweet little amount of hope. 

Believing you and I were right. 

You knew I was empty before you arrived, I asked you to be honest with me. 

The lack of honesty, kept you and I far away from one another. 

If I was asked for a fault that would be our only one. Why did it become so complicated?

That bitter sweet kiss of yours, I would long for.

I still miss you,I always have. 

I knew for a while, you felt the same and I pushed you away with the fear of history repeating once again. 

The fear of being alone, I once whispered to you and you told me you'd make it fine. I had no reason to hide. 

The shadows were still following me. 

I remember the feeling that lit up inside of me when you called me your Simple and Sweet... 

The cries following not long after. The complications standing there in-front of you and I! 

We didn't work when things become complicated! 

At the hours of need, we fell apart... We couldn't keep it simple and sweet. 

You stand over me, parading around town in your hideous orange coat that you bought to create an impact of disgust from me. 

I stand there twiddling my long blonde hair attracting the eyes of others until suddenly we're far down under a web we once got lost creating. 

Do you even remember what it was like when it was simple and sweet?

Our messages got lost in translation... 

Did we ever even say goodbye? I believe, it was far too many times....

When reality hit and we weren't there anymore did you miss her like she missed him?

Was the pain and the hurt truly worth any of that?

We kept running, like you and I are now. 

Chasing dreams which once were ours. Why do we still follow the same dreams? What are we searching for?  

Rockabye baby, you would always say to me. 

You'd ask me to tell you when my head was circulating over and over... You told me, I didn't need to apply my make-up in-front of you as there was no reason to hide. 

My darkest fears arrived, I sung them out to you and you stroked away the tears. 

People called you and I a team once... 

You told me to follow the journey, I told you I would always follow my dream no matter what. 

But that's the thing, how come it's become a blur?

I can't remember ever saying a goodbye to you. 

I would still run back to you, even after the pain and for how long it's taken me to become strong enough to run from you! 

You begged me not to remember you... I begged you to forget me! 

Was it easy for you to forget?

Was I replaceable?

We weren't compatible, but you listened. 

Our love was pure and simple torture. 

I'll never forget you. Though it pains me to remember,you were there for me. 

Goodbye Simple and Sweet...
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig