Remembering You...

Leave a Comment


Remembering You...

He reminded me of how you and I used to be. Yet you're not here and you haven't been for a while...

I see the stare he makes, when he awakens to check the time before riding off to his family home. It often reminds me of how I should have know the word family didn't include me. 

She stays quiet hoping to see you for a little while longer. He remains silent with the hope that the alarm never rings.

We saw the morning light set into motion, once together now alone. 

You once told me to remember my name, to remember to be me and to only ever to be me!

'Not to settle for anything less, other than what you deserve.' 

So why can't I forget you?

I pour a glass of my favourite wine, the candle's lit and there she waits for your arrival.

She froze in endless amounts of time, yet to her she didn't mind.

The isolation, became her.

Why was she living? Or shall I question who she was living for?

She stayed up till morning light in order to hear from you. Whilst you, were tangled in the sheets loving another.

And then growing another.

Did she question you? Did she ever question your intention?

She simply listened to the silence in the hope the silence would save her like it did once before. 

He had two lives, one of which was nice as pie and the other was simply a challenge.

The fire that used to burn deep inside her once blew out. 

She knew. 

She still didn't question.

Would you question someone who become your mirror image?

She was still crazy in love with the man you used to be. Though, she tries to forget you.

A month would pass and your return would come, her reality of being with you would spin back to the surface and the pain would return knowing you were too lost to be saved this time.

Yet she still drinks the wine you left behind.

She's reminded of how good you used to be time and time again.

You think of her during your new life, the times spent together and the memories flood back to the surface. 

There appears another bottle of her favourite cherry red, half empty as it glances right back at you. 

He misses her, though can never tell. 

He tries to forget her.

He deletes her number, never expecting to return but knowing how deep inside that will destroy her. 

Until her fire returns...

But it's all been left behind... 

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig