GLAMOROUS...

Leave a Comment


Glamorous, 

Do you remember the days where it never appeared to matter to you?

I wish we could return to those days... 

From day to day, shopping for expensive things seems to consume us... I mean you... Well, it's them!... 

Did you loose your identity?

Do you recall when it was, you stopped fighting? 

Are you still alive? 

Are you still you? 

The questions, endless questions that surround you and I... 

The problems remain the same, from such a tiny stage.... I would have thought that they would have grown old. 

It seems your the only one growing old, you hear them pass comments when your supposed to not be listening. 

Those you knew from the baby steps, where did it all go wrong? 

Pretend to be you, keep your head and stand tall... 

You say, Daddy told me so... Did he though?

I stand tall, do I recognise you? 

Am I you?

Are you me?

Who are we?

At what stage, did I go? The endless black and white shoots which develop the same pictures... The camera is on a constant loop, the flash flickers and you must always be glamorous.... 

Why did you leave me?

We seem to be trapped in the mirror, reaching out for those who used to surround us but no longer. 

We stare, waiting for you to be there! 

Will you ever return?

We smile, we apply our lipstick and we stand tall... 

The echo is so loud, that constantly bangs on the drums which loudly ring throughout our minds... 

Will you crash and burn?

The expectation is far too high! 

Fake the smile and run a mile. 

The identity you hold in your bag, is that you? 

Can you recall? 

You say you won't change, yet you've become everything you said you wouldn't! 

When does it end? 

The flash flickers and the silence drops awaiting for your arrival... 

Glamorous. 
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig