My Reflection On Leaving The Isle Of Wight and Moving To Winchester...

2 comments

Hello everybody, it's been a few days since I last posted but with now properly being an adult it's hard to find the time to sit down and fit everything in as there's like one hundred and ten million things you need to do beforehand!

Sometimes, it sucks being an adult it truly does! I guess, it's times like this when you wish you could flick back into having summer holidays at school but then the dread hits you with knowing you had to return to school... I guess you will never ever win! 


With seeing this Tumblr inspirational quote, I couldn't say no to tying this quote with today's blog! 



I thought I would initially start the blog today with a little flashback to the past and a fast forward to the present... 

I have seen several emails with similar subjects enquiring on why I have made the move to Winchester and how I am feeling about living away from my family and what's essentially been my home for the last nineteen years?

So what better way to sit back and reflect on a few thoughts and share them all with you in a blog? 

From looking back onto being a child I never once thought I would be brave enough to move away from home let alone on my own. It's a very big step to make especially when your leaving your family and your friends behind... 

However, I have always been determined and focused to follow my career pathway. Clearly from a very young age, I have always been into styling outfits and being able to accessories those outfits too ha-ha! 

I guess you always tend to know what sort of pathway your heading for from day one, it's just being able to make that journey happen. 






When I take the time to reflect on moving, I still feel like I am slightly overwhelmed as it did happen pretty fast! 

I feel very positive towards leaving the Isle of Wight, as I am in a very positive mindset towards knowing I feel a lot clearer on my career pathway. 

Finding positivity is the key to success! 

Of course, leaving home hasn't been easy its thrown challenging pathways my way but it's also made me want to gain the power each and every day to say to myself that I made it. 

Finding your inner strength is a successful motive to have. 

When you feel beyond sure about something then I would always suggest to just jump straight into making that opportunity happen rather than looking back in a couple of days or months time wishing you had acted upon the opportunity that was staring you straight in the face. 

With now reflecting on moving, I knew that if I hadn't of decided to move straight away or if I had paused and 'ummed' and 'arred' regarding moving then I wouldn't have made the move. 

Sometimes, jumping straight into a decision reveals the best outcome! 

I must one hundred percent say though as soon as you move away from home, you realise how much work goes into keeping the house tidy or how much your parents do for you! It's the simple little things, that I have ended up appreciating more than ever! 



Missing home and your family can always reflect happy moments and positive thoughts though as when I get to see my family members or when they try to surprise visit me it certainly makes you appreciate those special moments you have with them. 

Growing apart from what was your family home is a way of growing up as you grow into making your own home and eventually your family extends... 

From leaving the Isle of Wight, I feel like I have been detoxing for a while as on the Island everybody seems to know your business and for me personally I feel like since moving to Winchester it has essentially provided me with that breathing space to grow rather than to be judged on every mistake you have made in the past... etc - ex's! 

Life is all about growing and if you feel ready to grow for yourself then I would always inspire you to head away from your hometown and explore the world! 

Make the world yours!... 



From time to time, when you close that bedroom door at night time and head straight to bed you can of course feel quite lonely. For me, it seems slightly weird for me to not be able to run downstairs to my kitchen and see my grandad or nan still drinking tea or grandad sneaking an extra bit of chocolate in the hope that my nan won't see. Or my mum still working away in the lounge preparing for school the next day. It seems slightly strange! 

Or if I was staying at Lizzie's, which genuinely is an all the time thing, seeing her sat on her phone watching cringey soaps with me till early hours of the morning. 

It's bizarre, yet at the same time thrilling to know I am making steps towards growing into an older me... 

Don't get me wrong, I love being the baby of my family I feel like I will always be the baby as I am my mums only child but the eldest on my dad's side... Yet with the boys being at least 10 feet taller than me I feel like no matter what I will always be the baby! 

Slight dramatic there but you get my drift ha-ha! 

Since, leaving home I find that you tend to discover who your true friends are as they follow you no matter where abouts in the world you are! I guess that's one of the things which kicked me into reality knowing that I wasn't just a five minute car journey away from my family, my best friend or friends... The reality is, I'm only a call away and knowing that they will always be there is a massive relief for me! 

However, knowing I am now only a ten minute walk away from Charlie and Kane makes me feel super confident about making the move to Winchester as I have my best friends right around the corner from me. If I was completely alone, I know I would feel completely differently about the move. 


I know this is an exciting chapter of my life... 

Who knows if I will always live off the Island but for now I couldn't be happier than to move away and start my new adventure!?... 

Stop hiding from your dreams and start chasing them... 


Your, 



x

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments

  1. Leaving home and starting new and independently is brave but so worth it, I did it myself around your age, I left the island for a job in London. Time to get to know yourself, find yourself, but good to see you still have people and places your cherish 'back home'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't turn back even though at times I miss home and want to head home. It's about becoming you and becoming strong! Indeed, I agree! Thank you for the comment Ann! I hope to see you soon with Liz! <3

      Delete

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig