The Struggles Of Adulting....

Leave a Comment
Hey everyone.... 


When we're all growing up we tend to all go through the phase of wishing away our birthday's instead of appreciating the moment and enjoying our youth. 

Then it suddenly hits us that instead of blowing out the candle and wishing to be older we actually wish we could be young again. 

It seems like karma will never leave us alone. 

As a child, I always dreamed of growing up and buying my own place. But life just isn't that easy. The saying "Money Doesn't Grown On Trees" springs to mind. 

Don't get me wrong, there are so many positives of living on your own. Although, I don't actually live on my own right now due to the prices of houses being far too expensive. Though, I'm currently living on my own for ten days with my boyfriend due to my parents being away on holiday! Lucky them! I wish I was back on holiday. 

A few weeks ago, I received an email from a lady called; Jessica Williamson who works at Credit Card Insider. Due to having a busy schedule and being away on holiday for a week I have only recently managed to get a chance to reply to her email! Sorry once again for that Jessica. 

I feel like it's all worked out and somehow fallen into place as I have a tad bit of experience of knowing what it's like to live on my own and cope with all the busy jobs. It's certainly a struggle! I feel like it's an eye opener for when I do eventually move away from home. 

I've loved being able to plan out my day on my own, I've kind of felt really responsible for organising my day from the minute I wake up to the minute I fall back to sleep. It seems silly but when I'm laying in bed I'm constantly thinking to myself about the house duties I have to do. 

For example worrying about the; laundry, ironing, cooking or making sure the dishes have been washed up and put away from the night before. I guess it's doing all the "adult things!" 

With working and blogging for over a year now it's easy to see how people struggle to balance their jobs and lives out. Life can be a big struggle. 

So why not take a little journey on discovering the struggles of 'adulting' with me?

1) Washing - 

The first lesson of all is to come to terms with the fact that your laundry won't clean itself (sadly)! 

In the adult world it's for you to know how to separate the colours from dark to a light wash. It's also your place to understand what all the different dials on the washing machine mean.... It's so confusing, I know! 

2) Ironing - 

Lesson number two is for you to know how to iron properly. I won't lie I hate ironing but nobody wants creased clothing do they? Unfortunately, it won't get done itself. 

3) Managing Money - 

Money is a big big big matter! Money is the third task to try and handle. Most of the youth are dealing with finances at university and we all know the stress of that to some degree! I can relate to the struggles as my boyfriend studies in Hull. Money is such a pain in the butt. Scott spends the majority of his money on resources for his uni course, housing and food/household items. 

While, for young people or older people who didn't take the university pathway we still remain reliant on saving money for bills, car insurance or many other things. 

For myself, I need to save a lot of money if I am considering to move up to Hull with Scott so that's a struggle in the back of my mind. Not forgetting, the fact I need to be able to afford to keep my car on the road amongst money other bills. 

4) Dealing with being on your own - 

After all, the excitement dies down and your finally settled down in your home. It makes you see how much you miss home, as you no longer have your parents around you. You don't have your mum making you tea every night. Maybe we find ourselves reliant on eating junk food instead of taking the time to eat a proper meal. We become responsible for taking care of our own health.

5) Taking Control Of Your Life - 

Now you no longer have your parents waking you up for work or school anymore. It's your time to be independent and make sure you wake yourself up and leave in plenty of time! Set an alarm and don't snooze it! 

I personally recommend buying a planner/diary so you can plan your day in advance. Make yourself organised. When it comes to shopping, make yourself a shopping list and only stick to what you have on the list. Make sure you aren't tempted on buying any deals as you'll find yourself short of money. 

Or if you know you have things to plan for work or assignments due the next day then set aside some time in order for you to keep on track with everything. If you can't afford to buy a planner as resources certainly set you back a lot then head over to your laptop and print off a task list just like the one below. There are so many ways around things nowadays! 


6) Make Time For Yourself -

Most importantly, you should find time during the day for yourself. You won't be any good to anyone or anything if you're feeling stressed out. Sometimes, it's good to take a little break. Make yourself a biscuit and watch some TV or something like that. 

Don't push yourself away from friends because you feel like you can't afford to do something with them. If they're your true friends they will happily do anything with you, don't feel like you have to lock yourself away in your room all the time as that's genuinely not the case. There are so many things you could do, invite them over for a cup of tea or make a meal at yours. There's so many things! 

We all still have a lot more to learn about 'adulting' but that comes with time. At least, we will be one step ahead as we learn to plan and be organised. Learn to take time with every new situation, whether it be the washing or the cooking just don't panic or rush anything. 

I hope my advice has helped.... 

Much Love, Anya Marie xx


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig